SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY CHAPTER CLSA
July Meeting Minutes
August 9, 2007
· The meeting was called to order at 6:37 p.m. 14 People present
· Secretary's report was approved with corrected spelling error
· The Treasurer’s Report was approved, there is $4,518.04 in the checking account, and 2 new members joined last month.
· Congratulations to the new licensed surveyor’s who just passed the PLS exam.
Chapter Rep’s Report
· CLSA Board of Directors meeting was held July 28 at the Hilton Oakland Airport. Bruce H. report is attached
· David Jayne stated that Fresno County maps are now on line.
· Need to combine committees. JT will check by-laws.
· Need nominations for next year’s officers. Will vote in September.
· Les B. stated that a Central Valley test site should happen next year according to PEGG.
· Dr. Nader stated that there is a new professor in the Geomatics Department. Dr. Ogaja is from Africa but received his PHD in Australia.
· February 08 CLSA conference is going to be held in Reno. It will be a CLSA conference only.
· A couple of local surveyors have contacted Valley Fever. Everyone needs to be careful.
The speaker for the evening was Gigi Cardoza, PLS of Caltrans Surveys here in Fresno. She gave us an update on the status of the Central Valley Spatial Reference Network, the Real-time GPS Network she has been working on with Caltrans. She also discussed the development of a Business Plan/Model for data sharing and how the local surveyor/CLSA Chapter can get involved.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:04 p.m.