This month we will have a business meeting with our hybrid option, use link below to register/join via zoom.
Date: April 18
Time: 6:00 pm
Physical Location: Sequoia Brewing, 1188 E Champlain Dr Suite 107, Fresno, CA 93720
Virtual meeting register:
2023 LS Exam Review (FREE*)
*The cost is FREE, but we please ask for any amount of donation. To sign-up and receive the virtual meeting link without a donation, please choose $0.00 and proceed through checkout. The donated money goes directly into programs like this LS Review, local college survey courses and yearly education scholarships to surveying students.
Review hosted in person at Caltrans District 11 in San Diego and also via Virtual platform.
Caltrans District Office: 4050 Taylor St, San Diego, CA 92110
• 4/6 - 6:30-9pm - Review / Mock Exam – TBD
Central Valley Chapter – CST/LSIT Review
Our April 2023 regular meeting will be held via Zoom. This is a regular meeting with a speaker. No chapter business will be handled at this meeting.
Meeting ID: 875 7822 3571
During this regular meeting we will review sample questions to prepare people for the CST and LSIT exams. Please contact Landon by e-mail with any questions. <email@example.com>
2023 Joint (Lyles College/ASCE) Golf Tournament on May 5, 2023 at Dragonfly Golf Club
See flyer for details or link here
2023 Volunteer Recruitment for Physics, Science & Math Days on April 28; May 5, 12, 19 2023 at California’s Great America
Greetings Dr. Peterson and colleagues,
Later this spring, we will be volunteering at Physics, Science, and Math Days at California’s Great America.
The event takes place on Fridays: April 28, May 5, May 12, and May 19, 2023.
We are looking for four teams of four volunteers, one for each of the dates.
Our chapter is happy to sponsor a carload of Fresno State students in order to help with gas and other travel costs.
Please share this information with all of your chapter members, and with all current surveying students at Fresno State.
Anyone with questions is welcome to contact me.
Contact Theo Martinez if you’re interested <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
CLSA eNews – March Edition
IN THIS ISSUE...
- A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
- CLSA/NALS CONFERENCE 2023
- CLSA LOSES FRIENDS
- NATIONAL SURVEYORS WEEK
- WHERE IN CA IS THIS?
- CALL FOR 2023 NCEES SURVEYING EDUCATION AWARD ENTRIES
- GPS on Benchmarks update for California March 2023
- CLSA MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
- 2023 WOMEN SURVEYORS SUMMIT
- LAND SURVEY EXAM REVIEW BY CLSA SAN DIEGO CHAPTER
- PHYSICS SCIENCE & MATH DAYS
- Help Shape the Future of Land Surveying by Educating Our Future Surveyors
- IN THE NEWS
NSPS News & Views – March 30
- The NSPS Political Action Committee (PAC) is looking for Sponsors, Golfers, and Cornhole players
- National Geodetic Survey's special NGS DAY at FIG WORKING WEEK 2023, Wednesday, 31 May 2023
- USDOT Releases $94 Million in Smart Cities Projects
- FCC Precision Agriculture and Rural Connectivity Task Force Progresses
- Freshman Congressional Spotlight: Pennsylvania
- Positioning through walls: DHS and NASA partner on indoor positioning and location solution
- Forest Service kicks off centennial in Pleasant Twp.
- Here's how a single line cost Fort Worth $7.6 million in cost overruns on its new City Hall
- Sustainable Rainwater Treatment for the Future
- The American-Made CAP50 Drone Takes Flight
- Robust Navigation for Urban Air Mobility
- Data Sharing between Desktop and Mobile devices
- SimActive software enhances utility mapping
- Septentrio Launches Agnostic Corrections Partner Program
See link for newsletter <https://multibriefs.com/briefs/NSPS/NSPS033023.php>
Upcoming schedule for the next few weeks is:
April 10th – TBD
April 17th – Gavin Schrock, PLS - GNSS Corrections and Augmentations - Which Types Can Meet Surveyors Needs?
April 24th – Jeff Lucas, PLS - Land Surveyor as Equity Judge
May 1st – Dane Courville, PLS - Traverse Adjustments for those studying for the PS/FS & CST Exams.
May 8th – Dana Robie, PLS - Legal Description writing
See link for more info <https://mentoringmondays.xyz/>
Upcoming schedule for the next few weeks is:
April 12th – Round Table Discussion about Chapter 18
April 26th – Round Table Discussion about Chapter 19 - 1st Book is finished!
See link for more info <https://wisdomwednesdays.xyz/>
Future Surveyors Foundation - 2023 Women Surveyors Summit
Oct 19-22, 2023 in Stillwater, MN
4th Women Land Surveyors Summit
The Women Surveyors Summit, hosted by Future Surveyors
Foundation is held to support and promote diversity in the
land surveying profession. There are 8-10 PDH’s available.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com
See link for more info <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/women-surveyors-summit-2023-registration-514952375417>
FIG 2023 Working Week (NSPS is the Host)
May 27 - June 3, 2023
Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria, Orlando, FL
See link for more info <https://www.fig.net/fig2023/>
Fresno State is looking for part time faculty – Spring 2023
Dr Peterson is looking for some part time faculty in the GME program at Fresno State Starting Spring 2023, requirement of License.
- GME 15L Elementary surveying Lab, Tuesday 2-5
- GME 16 Municipal Surveying, MWF 12-1
- GME 16L Municipal Surveying Lab ,Friday 2-5
- GME 66L AutoCAD, Tuesday and Thursday or Monday/Wednesday 6-9pm
- GME 159 subdivision Design, Tuesday or Thursday 5-7:30pm
Email and respond directly to Dr. Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org)