SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY CHAPTER CLSA
April Meeting Minutes
April 12, 2007
· The meeting was called to order at 6:55 p.m.
· The March minutes were approved.
· The Treasurer’s Report was approved, there is $3,879.84 in the checking account.
· There was discussion that maybe we should try to tie local membership into the state membership to get more members. The state may think the bookeeping is too complicated.
· The chapter recieved a letter from Norman P. Gentry thanking CLSA for having the W.O. Gentry scholarship.
· The ESRI Surveying Summit is in June at the San Diego Convention Center
· CLSA now has a GIS liason
· Students would like speaker ideas for the conference next year.
· Chris Bardon at CSDS volunteered to give a presentation
· Possible speakers: Dennis Mouland, Tom Taylor, Dave Doyle, Mark Cheves
· More students are interested in joining the chapter.
· J.T. suggested making a special commitee for the CLSA "Choose your path, make your mark" video.
· CLSA-WFPS Conference at Rancho Bernardo Inn in San Diego April 15-18
· CLSA Board of Directors meeting May 5 at 10:30, at the Hilton Ontario Airport.
· CSDS Open House May 3, presentations, BBQ
Round Table Discussion
The topic for the discussion was “Do you think California should have a minimum standards law for surveyors? Why or why not?”
· Do we need to set guidelines for ourselves? Many guidelines in Subdivision Map Act, LS Act, ALTA/ACSM Standards.
· Standards keep everyone on the same page.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:40 p.m.